Tuesday, January 15, 2019

choose a correct veterinary syringe,you can prevent most medications errors,when you give a dose to your animal

Now,medication errors of animal are more than humans,because the owners of the animals don't pay attention to these medication errors,don't communicate the questions of giving a dose to a animal with the veterinarian,or has no way to prevent the medication errors.

First,the human need pay attention to your animals,because it's not much different from what you would do for you or for your child when your doctor prescribes a drug product.

Second,you need communicate with your veterinarian,ask the questions which are come up against,when you give a dose to your animal.

What questions can you ask your veterinarian?

What is the name of the drug? What is it supposed to do?

Could it interact with other drugs my animal is currently taking?

What are the possible side effects and what should I do to care for my animal?

How do I give it? Do liquids have to be shaken before use?

How many times a day should I give it?

How much do I give each time?

Should I give it before, during, or after meals?

What if I accidentally give too much?

What should I do if I forget to give a dose to my animal?

What should I do if my animal vomits or spits it out?

How should I store it?

Should I finish giving all the medication, even if my animal seems better?

Asking questions is important, but sometimes it’s not enough.You can ask other questions,which you come up against in fact.

Third,you need think some ways to prevent the medication errors like the followings:

If the medicine is liquid,you can choose the veterinary syringes to give the medicine to your animals,because the veterinary syringe has the dose ring which can give the accurate dose to your animal and the veterinary fill and store the liquid medicine is convenient.

You can write label about time and dose to the medicine bottle body,so you don't forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment